There are numerous ways to get free samples from retailers and manufacturers on the market. You may find a large variety of free samples given away on any given day. Some of them include toothpaste tubes, perfumes, bottles of shampoo, food, clothing, and magazines. Here are six strategies that you can use right away.
1. The easiest way to get free samples is to visit the websites that offer such items. In fact, these sites collect free samples from a variety of sources on the market. “WOW FreeStuff” is a good example for such a website. Websites or blogs that offer coupons and advice on saving money will give you free samples. BargainBabe.com is one such source. The owner of the site – Scott says their site features stuff that is truly free and doesn’t require the consumer to go through a lot of hoops to collect the samples. On the other hand, money-saving blogs that target a particular city or location offer free samples to locals in the area. SistersShoppingOnAShoestring.com – founded by Sara Steigerwald – partners with local businesses to provide free samples to locals. You may conduct an online search for your city with the keywords “frugal site” to find great deals in your area.
2. Following your favorite brands on social media is another way to get free samples. Several companies would require their clients to like them on Facebook to receive free samples of their products. There are many companies on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media sites that offer freebies to their clients. Most of the time, you are likely to get full-sized products from these companies rather than small samples. If you want to find free offers on social media sites, you should do a search on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest for #freebies, #giveaways, #freesamples, or #deals. That way you can see what offers are currently available regardless of the retailer or brand.
3. Perform a Google search using the brand name plus “free sample” to find offers for specific products on the Internet. This advice is given by Jenna Graham – the community relations manager at WOW FreeStuff. Once you get the search results, make sure to click on links to trusted retailers or manufacturers sites. In fact, you may find a host of third-party sites touting free samples for such a search. You should be cautious of choosing these sites. Most of the time, these third-party sites would ask you to divulge your personal information to steal your identity or tap your financial accounts.
4. Signing up for manufacturer’s newsletters is another good way to find free samples of products. There are many manufacturers who offer full-sized products and free samples to their clients. Most of the time, it is done on a first come, first served basis. If you need to be the first to know about their products, make sure you sign up for their newsletters or emails. Procter & Gamble, will give you access to their free samples when you sign up for their newsletter. You should create a separate email account for these newsletters so that the emails sent by them don’t get lost among your personal emails.
5. Retailer giants such as P&G have pages on their websites dedicated to free products and samples. You have to check them on a regular basis to have access to some of the free samples offered by them since the samples tend to go fast. It is limited to one sample per household, and you need to answer a few questions to collect the samples.
6. Directly contact the companies that offer free samples. Jenna says that she had collected so many free samples by writing letters to these companies. She would praise the products offered by the company and express her interest in trying new products that they plan to offer. Simply find the contact details of the company and compose your request. In fact, letters get much better response than phone calls or emails.