Save on your Council Tax!

If you paying council tax, you should check  whether the amount on your bill is right and whether you’re entitled to any discounts.

In certain circumstances, some people don’t have to pay any council tax at all.

If there is someone living in your household who is severely disabled, you may be able to get the council tax bill reduced.

If you live on your own, you should get a 25 per cent discount on your council tax. Even if you do live with other people, some of them may not be counted as living with you. For example, someone who is under 17 or who has severe mental health problems, won’t be counted as living with you when the council tax department decide if you live on your own.

If you are on a low income,  you might be able to get Council Tax Benefit.

If you have someone living with you who doesn’t have to pay council tax, you may be able to get Second Adult Rebate.

In Northern Ireland you should check if you are entitled to any discounts on your rates bill.

People over 70 who live alone can get a 20% discount. You might still be able to get this discount even if you live with certain other people, such as your carer or a child under 18.

You can also get a discount if you have had certain adaptations made to your home because of a disability.

If you are on a low income in Northern Ireland, you might be able to get help with your rates through Housing Benefit or Rate Relief.

Contact your local Council Office to ensure you are paying the correct Council Tax.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *