This is one of the simplest recipes every and gets a great response everytime I make it. It is economical as pudding rice is cheap to buy. You can substitute cream or evaporated milk for some of the milk if you wish to make it more grown up!
100g pudding rice
50g sugar (you may prefer to use slightly less and add fruit or jam at end)
700ml semi-skimmed milk
pinch grated nutmeg
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
- Wash the rice and drain well.
- Butter an 850ml heatproof baking dish, then tip in the rice and sugar and stir through the milk.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg over.
- Cook for 2 hrs, stirring every 1/2 hour or so until the pudding wobbles ever so slightly when shaken.