There is lots of talk at the moment about our carbon footpring and being green however Saving Enenrgy can also save you money. Follow our top tips for painless ways to save energy.
- Turn your heating down by 1 degree.
- Is your water too hot? Your cylinder thermostat should be set at 60°C/140°F.
- Wash your clothes at 30 degrees or lower. Now if you have very mucky kids I would suggest buying some pre-wash stain remover or you will just end upwashing things twice!
- If possible, fill up the washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher: one full load uses less energy than two half loads.
- Shower rather than take a bath.
- Hang clothes out to dry instead of using the tumble dryer.
- Check your tyre pressure so that less fuel is used.
- Clear all your clutter out of the car and the boot so you burn less fuel.
- Turn off appliances and lights when not in use.
- Use an energy comparison site like Uswitch to ensure you are not paying too much for your energy.
[adrotate group=”1″ banner=”1″]
Find out what grants may be available to make your home more energy saving. There are grants available for loft and cavity wall insulation for many homes. Check the Energy Saving Trust to see if you can save.